home

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Vintage and Bright


LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of my husband, he is actually smiling, a good smile not his usual dokey smile, this is my husband in work clothes and smiling!!

I wanted to mix bright bold colors with vintage pattern paper and embellishment and IT WORKED!!








For the background i used a tim holtz stencil and created a raised image with modeling paste.  Once dried i used Mr. Huey's color mist to color background pattern paper and raised image.  I used a baby wipe to move the mist around and blend colors together.  I like translucent color mist so you can still see the paper pattern. Additional embellishments are rub ons, and fuzzy cut hot air balloons











The left side looks great but was very painful, i cut out the circle from pattern paper- very time consuming.  Added circles, gears and metal accents

No comments:

Post a Comment