home

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Rustic Glam

This month's challenge at Anything But Cute is



Here is my take, I haven't decided if i love or hate this layout. Somethings make me smile, somethings make me cringe. I think i don't like how busy it is.
But like i told my friend Jen once, not every page needs to be a masterpiece.



I started with putting washi tape onto background page.  Glue some chicken wire chipboard on top.  On top of that embroidery thread, this i just let fall, then glued where it landed.



Painted the cluster with white gesso,
while the gesso was still damp i painted on Lindy's Buccaneer Bay Blue. I also spray some water onto page to help with blending and to get the color to move around easier. Next I splattered on Crow's Nest Copper.  Since everything is wet it blends nicely.


Here is how it looks when the color are still wet.


Here is how it looks when it dries.


Next i splattered with white and gold acrylic paint.  I like to water the paints down first i find it will splatter easier.



Layer together paper blocks, they are distressed and inked.  Layer Chandelier Frame- painted gold.





















Layered everything together and tuck cardstock texture pieces between layers.



















Now for the close ups, I always love how these look, you get to see all the little tiny details.








4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! I love the chandelier layer and the amazing repetitive half circles, super cool! You always impress, dear Glenda! Always! So glad you could share with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning layout, as always, Glenda! Fantastic layering and amazing textures! So many beautiful elements and a wonderful composition! Thank you so much for joining in our Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my favorite colors Glenda so please don't hate it!!! I love it - not to busy - it's just right!!! Thanks bunches for joining the Anything But Cute Rustic Glam Challenge! j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I only have love for this gorgeous layout! I love the layered blocks and the metallic mesh pieces and chandelier tucked in between. Really cool and so inspiring! Thank you for joining our Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete