home

Saturday 4 February 2017

Dream Catcher / Weaver

Today i worked on an art journal page for the January challenge at Mixed Media Place, here is the mood board
What i see- feathers, turquoise warm and cozy.


Here's me creation, there is a dream catcher in the corner i made out of metal but it is hard to see.  I wanted to highlight somehow but wasn't sure how and i didn't want to ruin the page.

I started with random sizes of strips of paper and weaved them together, glue on top of old book paper, then a thin coat of gesso on top.  Once the gesso is dry apply modeling paste through stencil.


Add the color!!!   I used the spray nozzle tip and drew color on along edges of paper strips, sprtiz with water and watch the magic.  Added some gold paint through out sprayed with water to remove blur edges.  I do not like harsh edges.  The texture created from modeling paste I paint with purple paint.  Splatter on some brown/ bronze.


Some random stamping with texture stamps, ink around outside edge of page, and I outlined paper strips with charcoal then smudged with my fingers. Fingers! your best tool


I made the dream catcher wire and crystal beads.  I twisted the into a pattern, not for the faint of heart it kind of hurt my brain.  I wish it was more symmetrical but i am not making a new one.


Added feathers (dollarstore) and drew "string" to connect to dream catcher center.  In the center of feather added micro beads I like how those look.


Add a title, draw and smear charcoal around outside edges.

Is anyone else's process include love the project at the beginning, then hate it and want to throw out in the middle, back to love at the end.
Why!!!!







4 comments:

  1. Love, love this!! What spray ink did you use? I find that distress ink resists gesso! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Lindy's color spray and alchemy paints, for ink I used archival. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing creation wow lovely thanks for playing at Mixed Media Place challenge !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dream catcher as an addition is just gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete