home

Friday 24 February 2017

Embrace the Unknown

This art journal page is for a challenge at Words & Paintery here is the mood board
My page came together super quick and easy and I love how it turned out, hopefully you do too.


Started by gluing old book pages onto my art journal, then a light coat of white gesso.  Once it is dry some random stamping with black archival ink.

Added my blue, pink and green colors (in muted tones) in large circles/ bubbles then hold up vertically to have color drip.  At the bottom of the page spray with water to have the color blend and spread out. I made the bubbles with a paint brush, then heat set well moving the color around to get variations in colors.


Next add highlights to the bubbles with white acrylic paint, then outline bubbles with charcoal.  I also added a drop shadow on bubbles.  I love how this background turned out!!!


Close up of bubbles with highlights and shadows.


The pictures with wire frames looks really complicated but in fact not so much.  I cut vintage photo in 1" circles and glued onto the page. Next wrapped wire in circle frame (make larger than picture) glue around photo I used the 3-D gel to adhere them to the page.


Next add a fishing line frame on inside of wire frame, paint the fishing line black.  Now the magic add micro beads (black & white) around frames adhere with gel medium.  I also added some larger licorice beads- just a few.  Once everything was dry I painted some black berry alchemy paint around outside in random spots then spritz with water so the color bleeds into and around microbeads.

Next I covered the photos and splattered with gesso, and some of the blue color used for bubbles.


This photo angle is super fun.

Add a title and outline with charcoal, I like the lines to extend pass journaling strip.  I also love how the stamping is visible underneath bubbles.



Here you can see puddle of colors at the bottom of the page and the drop shadow I added underneath.



Love these circle frames.  I worked last weekend and I got 7 pages done that i can reveal over the next week, I was super excited share this one with you.








8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I was "wowing" as I looked at each photo. The fishing line, wire and micro beads!!! Fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total eye candy. I loveeeed the page as much as I loved every technique used and the outcome. Thank you for sharing in detail how the page came together. wish I could see this page for real. Thank you for playing Alongwith Words and Paintery challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creativity! Stunning project!
    Thank you for joining us at Words&Paintery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The textures are amazing! Thanks for joining us at Words and Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout.Thank you for joining us att Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, loved seeing your process. Amazing results!
    Thank you for joining us at Words and Paintery.

    ReplyDelete