home

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Old Love Never Rust

New blog challenge at Words & Paintery- Old Love Never Rust
Here is the mood board
I didn't really use the color combination (used green)  but I did use the words.  Here is my take


The photo is my great aunt and uncle married over 50 years (my mom knows the details)  I created a rust effect on the clock and gear chipboard pieces available on my etsy store.

Not looking for a compliment but not my favorite layout it's missing something just not sure what.

Not a full tutorial today just the low down on how i created the rust effect on chipboard.  I started by painting Wind Up Time chipboard with art decor antiquing cream red oxide.  Next splatter on salt in chunks- I should have put on more salt and in thicker piles when i sprayed with white spray next it soaked into the salt too much coloring too much of the base color.

After i sprayed with the white i sprinkled on more salt, spray with olive green paint.  Dry completely overnight is best.  Next morning rub off the salt everywhere the salt was has protected the underneath color.  Old grunge look
This is Gear Up chipboard.


I brushed along paper layers edges with vintage gold alchemy wax. Splatter with watered down white acrylic paint.

Cheesecloth colored with primary elements in between layers.

Love the final look of chipboard.


















2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Such vintage look and lots of rust! Love your layout!
    Thank you for joining us at Words&Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried the technique of salt. Very interesting. I actually found your page fabulous and looking complete 😀👍 Thank you for playing along with words and Paintery

    ReplyDelete