home

Wednesday 24 January 2018

Blue Mood Board

This month at Mixed Media Place  the moodboard is very blue!

All blue and chilly which is perfect, I created these on a weekend when it was -40


I started with 3"x4" chipboard cards glued on a chipboard compass.  Once dry paint with white gesso.


Next paint with blue acrylic paint, I used white and Impasto Jade and Azure.  Make sure you get into all the nooks and crannies. Dry.  Next make a lighter tint of blue then dry brush on, makes it look grainy.


Lightly sand ATC, then ink.  The ink settles into the sanded portion and wipes off the painted areas.  Ink the whole ATC with embossing ink and emboss with clear powder.  I like to tap off some embossing powder before I heat set.



Wipe on Art Deco English red oxide then wipe off excess.  The spots where the clear embossing powder was tapped off, the red paint settles in and it looks like stucco.


Final step!! Paint on yellow oxide in the grooves, ends up looking like rusty old metal.  FUN FUN


Here is the final project, funky metal steampunk feel.  These were really fun to make and love how they turned out.










19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, they were super fun to make.

      Delete
  2. This is unbelievable! I am so happy I happened upon your blog. Your projects are amazing and so inspiring. I hope you don't mind I will try your technique soon... I am totally impressed. Staying here. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellow that's why i post tutorial so you can try it out. I love tutorial I always want to know the how!

      Delete
  3. A fantastic set of ATCS, Glenda!
    Love the tutorial too! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glenda... so inspired by your work and glad I came upon your blog... I have visited your Etsy store and definetly will be ordering some items. I love grunge and steampunk and your style fits me perfectly....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Love me some steampunk and grunge!!! that's actually why I started making my own chipboard I couldn't find steampunk. Until the end of Jaauary my shop is 20% off everything.

      Delete
  5. That's a great sequence of techniques, well-explained. This tab is staying open until I get to next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool ATC!
    I love the color, the depth and the rustic and vintage look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ATCs are totally fab!! I love the vintage feel they have! Thank you for playing along with us at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Fantastic ATC!
    Thank you for joining as at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work!!! I like it very much!
    Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media Place!

    p.s. Have you available for swap?

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning ATC´s!!!! thanks for playing with us at MMP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning ATC's Glenda,love the techniques you shared, following you now :)
    https://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete